It was so nice to see many of you at our Winter Convention in Salisbury recently. I can't believe how exciting it was to see how motivated our state is to have a fantastic 2014.
Right now, we're working on improving our communications and simplifying how we operate. We understand that many chapters are stretched thin and when there's a limited amount of time to invest in the Jaycees, it's often better spent working on local matters. With that being said, here's where we are right now:
- A state newsletter will be sent once a quarter. For those of you who are participating in Passport to Civic Leadership, you're welcome to publish an article about the Jaycees here.
- Awards Submissions are now much easier! We realize that these have been more time consuming and complicated than they need to be. So we've redesigned the state forms, and expect them to about an hour to complete (that's one hour for all of them – not per form!). Local Presidents - Keep an eye out for more information.
- The State Facebook Fan Page continues to grow. We're constantly looking for great content that you can easily share on your chapter's own page, group, or newsletter. So look to us for inspiration and announcements, and let us know when we can help broadcast your chapter's information, as well.
- Our next Convention is scheduled for May. You can download the registration document here. It also coincides with our Golf Tournament, the major state fundraiser of the year. We're currently looking for golfers and sponsors. If you know of any, please let President Barbara know.
- Many Jaycees from across the state are taking part in planning for the United States Junior Chamber's Annual Meeting. Hopefully you know that it's taking place in Baltimore this year. You can get more info as it becomes available via the event's Facebook page. And registration info can be found on the USJC Website. This is likely to be the least expensive opportunity to attend an Annual Meeting that you'll see. I hope that you can take advantage of the opportunity!
As we continue to work our way through the Plan of Action that we adopted at the January convention, please know that, above all, we're here to support you and your chapter. Don't hesitate to let us know the kind of support that you need, and how we can best help your chapter grow. Without your work within the community, the Jaycee movement would not be effective.